St Andrew’s eSmart Journey Starts!
Congratulations to St Andrew’s Anglican College on starting the eSmart Journey. Their first cyber safety (eSmart) committee meeting was held on the 23 November 2017. It is an exciting time as the college journeys with other schools undertaking the eSmart process in 2018.
The eSmart Schools framework guides a schools development and introduction of cyber safe policies and practices. A whole-school approach is used to implement a cyber safe and eSmart culture in the school environment.
Our schools do a tremendous job recognising the need for a cyber safe evironment and taking care of our students. However the eSmart Schools program can assist schools to do this by providing:
- an effective road map to guide schools in developing a sustainable whole-school approach to cyber safety, cyber bullying and bullying.
- direct web access to the best cyber safety resources from Australia and throughout the world.
- a flexible system that schools can adapt for their own specific needs.
- a comprehensive gap analysis tool acknowledging existing school cyber safety practices.
- the framework to create a positive school culture and protect children from cyber-risks.
- a record to track and record eSmart activities and progress.
- resources, policies and guidelines are adapted for all states, territories and education systems – saving time and reducing duplication.
- ongoing training and support.
The Anglican Schools Commission has employed a cyber safety support officer to assist schools in meeting the cyber safety challenges faced by our schools.
Find out more about eSmart schools here: https://www.esmart.org.au